Now days, no one wants to work under their bosses and everyone wants to be their own boss. If you are one of them and want to be your own boss then this article is helpful for you. So that’s the reason lots of people create their own company to follow their passion. But for lunching a business and quitting your job is little risky. So today, I’m going to guide you about “starting a business without quitting your job” because it’s better to play safe.
- Wanting it badly enough
“Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently” – Marie Forleo
Have you ever been at work and just thought to yourself, there must be more to life than this 9-5 grind? Working for someone else and giving them your precious time for some money, did you know in that time you can create your own empire, and they allow you a limited 4 weeks of holiday per year and every year you are waiting for these holiday to spend time with your family and do things that you love. Plus, we all know our retirement age keeps changing and the older we get we will not be able to retire to do what we desire.
See, for me it was not about the money it was more about the time freedom, so I can spend time with my family and focus on things I love. That is my pain point.
So the question is:
What is stopping you from living the life you deserve?
What is your pain point?
- Become clear on your priorities
List the top 3 priorities in your life. For example, mine are:
- Becoming Time and Financially free.
- Maintaining good health.
- Being happy.
Which personally I think is reasonable and everyone deserves this in life but what I realized is that it meant:
- My full-time job was not an actual priority in life, the only reason I stayed in the job was because it felt safe and secure.
- I felt like my health was a priority but again, I still did not focus on it due to my full-time job. I was too tired to even think about what I wanted to do after work.
My point is, having a clear vision and becoming clear on your priorities will help you decide what you want most in your life. Do not just settle because it is convenient.
How to set your priorities:
- Take some break and think about your life what is important for you.
- Choose the right goals what you really actually wants.
- Devise a plan, which make your goal in reality.
- Start working on it and stick on it.
- Create a schedule / Establish a routine
Create a weekly plan and decide what you need in your routine and then give number to each task you must complete by priority.1 being the highest and 5 being the lowest. Assign them under 4 time slots (Before work, Lunch time, after work and weekends)
I would suggest spending an evening planning your whole week (usually Sunday).
Also, cross off each task as you go along. This makes you feel accomplished and satisfied that you have been productive for that day.
- Working on your mindset
Working on your mindset is vital when starting a business, especially if your still in full timework. You may come home after a long day at work and not be in the mood to work on your goals. You may decide to watch Netflix and end up a day while doing this from many years. I know, it’s pretty hard to do extra work especially when you are tired, but remember one thing if you want to change your life, you have to do extra work. And also work on your mindset, because you are training your brain to reset. For example, if you are consistent with exercise but then suddenly stop you would start to feel sluggish and not so healthy anymore. Well it’s the same with your mindset, if you never train your brain to take in positive things instead of negative, you will think positively more often.
Things you can try
- Self-Development – i.e. online courses
- Family / Friends – Spend time with them
- DO NOT check your work emails when you are at home
- Read a book.
- Create a plan before executing
Whether you know what business you want to create or not you need a clear action plan. Because business plan are more important than all the money you invest evener than the best employees that you could find. Every business owner have a Business Plan. Here are the key things you need to create a business plan. (You can find many templates online).
- Take note of your business ideas
- Market Research
- Analyse your skills
- Development – i.e. business structure, software’s etc.
- Focus on progress (Small steps are better than none – Do not rush the process)
Instead of focusing on the tasks you have not completed yet, focus on the progress you are making, and keep track of your accomplishments. Do not forget to reward yourself when you have completed something. And motivate yourself for next step.
- Set Goals and when you want to achieve them
When first starting out, start with small goals you would like to achieve first that will motivate you for the next goal and then as you achieve more create bigger goals and keep going. But Remember, do not punish yourself if you do not reach a deadline. Just keep going and do not give up. We all know, life can get in the way sometimes. But as long as you don’t give up, you cannot fail.
Types of businesses you can start while still working a 9-5
Most of the people have this question “Which business should I start?” While “In full time job, how do I start my business?” and this make sense but if you are interested to change your life then I would recommend some online businesses that will change your life if you get success.
- Affiliate Marketing – Check out our FREE video workshop series that reveals How to Launch Recession Proof Income Streams from Scratch.
- Amazon Reselling – To find out how to start selling on Amazon by trying out Internet Business Schools free 30 day trial
- eBay Marketing – Create a 5 figure business only using eBay!
- Publish a book – Learn how to write and publish a book!
- Create an online Course – Create an online course with your skills and knowledge
- Create a membership site – Generate an income by creating a membership site.
- Graphic design, easy to learn and easy to use Adobe illustrator and websites like Visme and Canva.